Knowledge sharing forums for like-minded professionals
Keeping It Legal: Avoiding Legal Pitfalls in the Hiring Process
- Lawrence Peikes, Partner, Wiggin and Dana, LLP
- Christine Wachter, Associate, Wiggin and Dana, LLP
The legal landscape governing interactions between employers, employees, and potential employees evolves on a yearly basis. Anyone involved in screening, interviewing, and hiring applicants needs to be up to date on these developments—especially hiring managers and internal recruiters, as even seemingly innocuous small talk has the potential to lead to big issues in the hiring process.
This session included a presentation and interactive discussion regarding legal pitfalls in the hiring process led by two seasoned employment law attorneys from Wiggin and Dana, LLP, including Lawrence Peikes (Partner) and Christine Wachter (Associate).
- Mistakes in the screening process
- Non-compliant applications
- Small talk snafus
- How to mitigate any of these mistakes if they do happen